Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nicole Blog Post #B


I know when I become a teacher I will be able to really engage my students in learning with technology. I know when I first become a teacher I will have to find my own individual way of teaching, but I will learn as I use technology for every aspect of me and my students success.
In the following video the teacher really shows how she engages the students with technology and the results she has had.
 Teaching with Technology the "Wright" Way


I know that for some teachers thinking about letting their students use technology in the classroom is unsettling. I believe that when they give the chance they will see the success that it brings to their studies. I know that some teachers want to have full control while still using the devices, but either way it will bring improvement. In this area I have a true story, when I was a Junior in high school I had a website building class. It was one of my favorite classes because I got to use computers. I also remember when he connected his computer with the rest of the classes to teach us something. The things that happened in that class meant a lot to me. It was what I considered doing at first before deciding to become a teacher.
In the following picture the teacher is just keeping a close eye on his students as they learn on their laptop computers.


I know today there is a lot of websites that is used for teaching. In our book it list applications for every subject. I am very happy from a future mom and teacher’s point of view to know that there are websites for very early learning development. I will be one to use these websites very frequently as a mom and teacher.
In the picture below is a chart to show the success that ABCmouse.com has.

ABCmouse.com Supports Effective Technology Practices

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had problems getting that YouTube in your post ... and we didn't get a chance to review the other night. (Remind me this week!!)

    It is good to see your enthusiasm and interest in pursuing the use of technology in the classroom. There are many things to discover in this realm, but it definitely takes initiative to learn and keep up with all of the new technologies. That said, it is not really about the technology, but about how it can help your students learn...and fortunately, there are many ways it is transformational! :)

    Cool personal story - it is becoming more of ubiquitous to use various technologies as we think now about picking up a pen or pencil. I'm glad you found it to be a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete