Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog Post E Chapter #7

I know that when I am a teacher there will a lot of problem solving my class will have to learn. I am so happy to be learning the Technology that will help them staying interested while studying these problems.
The websites mentioned in the 7.1 tools (Squeak Etoys, and Scratch) will be a great way to engage kids. I will probably have quiet a few Software system's to keep kids wanting to learn, to where my class will have nowhere to go, but up in every aspect of life.
Kahoot !
My First concept is a Math Quiz using Kahoot.




My Second concept is taking a Comic Bitstrip and telling my class how to make a Model of the Solar System.




Making a Puzzle Courtesy for the Map of America !
This Puzzle is to make kids think while having, fun learning about the country they live in, USA !
The book mentioned Google Earth,  actually used Google Earth yesterday for a college map quiz. There are so many technical things out there for kids, that can keep them entertained for hours of learning and problem solving. When I was little I used to play a memory game, my parents to this day will still say nobody was as good as I was at that game. Also throughout school I developed a liking for Mazes, I guess it was just a part of my developing mind.

1 comment:

  1. Puzzles and games are definitely part of our desire to be engaged and if built well, they can be excellent vehicles even for traditional learning. It is interesting to see the friendly competition that occurs between students and even between oneself. Love your Kahoot (I was able to play it!), the Bit Strips Cartoon strip and the Puzzle maker - they are all good examples of how we can enhance learning with visuals and interactions. :)

    Do remember to include your APA style resources (always the textbook but you also want to give credit to your own digital creations!).

    ReplyDelete