Thursday, February 26, 2015

Blog G Chapter #8

From the earliest way of engaging students through teaching with technology the advancements in each area should almost seem to interconnect together.
I remember when one of my teachers in my junior year in high school (2007) used the technology to take over the computers in front of us to teach us a skill. That to me was one of the earliest ways to interconnect technology with teaching. Also my whole class was on building a website; “oh how far technology has come since I took that class”.
I so glad to be learning what technology that I can use when I become and teacher. I know now that there are websites that you can use to build your own website. Websites like Wiki I believe will engage students to build communication skills, while learning the task(s) at hand through technology. I know that as a future teacher it is part of my job to learn all these different ways to help my students succeed.
I am also planning on starting out and teaching Kindergarten, so I do believe that they technology I will use will have a big impact on my students at such a young age. I hope that my whole class looks up to me, and I develop that individual relationship with each student in finding what technology best interest them, so that I can apply it more to their individual studies to ensure each student in my class strives. 
I am still in the process of learning myself about what technologies I can use in my Kindergarten classroom that my students can communicate and collaborate while succeeding.
I remember growing up I had a “Hello Kitty” CD-ROM, and in that software “Hello Kitty” could teach you how to color, count, and play music. I didn't even realize at the time how much I was learning because it was so much fun.
Here is an Idea of linking technology is developing an early learning skill. Using bubbl.us


1 comment:

  1. Great addition to your web 2.0 toolbox with creating a Bubbl.us. :) You also share your thoughts and reflect upon your own personal experiences, which is great. Be sure to select and identify those three concepts from the chapter - and do so very clearly (perhaps by separating paragraphs with a line and/or adding BOLD format to the chapter's concept from which are writing. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

    As you note, there is much to learn when considering technology as an important enhancement and as a transformational tool. And, don't worry - you won't be able to learn it all at once. :) Keeping your eyes and ears looking out for new tools will be a continuous project that will grow as you develop your career more.

    ReplyDelete