Thursday, April 9, 2015

Blog K Chapter #6

With this Chapter I made a Zoo book featuring Charlie the Giraffe. He and his friends needed help on there day of adventure to escape the zoo and come back. They ran into a lot of math problems that you had to solve to see what was the next adventure was.


I used Zooburst to create this story to help my first grade students learn math.
I think this is a cute tool to "Foster online learning with Educational Websites"
There are websites and apps for all grades.
Some other websites are: WebQuest, Platoni, and Scholastic.
1.     WebQuest is a websites that gives kids task, and tells them the process and tells them what there outcome could be. It can be used any grade from Elementary all the way to High School.

2.     Platoni and Scholastic allows students to go on a virtual field trip. In my class book it says students that go to school in New York went on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island. 

3.     Another way to engage students to learn is by Skype Videoconferencing. I think that using this app is good for students to get together without it interfering too much with their schedules. It also could come in hand to talk with relatives that might live in a different state and the kid might have a chance to learn about that area from their relatives.

I know when I become a teacher I will be using all of this technology to Foster my students learning.
I remember when I took a few high school online classes from Florida-virtual School, and I also received my AA degree through University of Phoenix online. The class I excelled in had virtual labs and  a lot of visual things. I know I am a creative visual learner so when I was able to implement those things into my learning I did very well. I will make sure to do the same with my students !

1 comment:

  1. Like your new template - you can change often if you get tired of the background - just be sure to check the way it looks before you confirm it. Your ZooBurst story is very creative and pretty easy to make, right? Your students could learn to make their own in no time! Good reflections on some of the available digital content to share in the teaching/learning process.

    ReplyDelete